Why get toothpaste if you can buy it in the shop?
- The tube of toothpaste increases the production of non-biodegradable waste.
- Toothpastes sometimes contain unhealthy ingredients such as colouring agents and preservatives such as useless parabens and sometimes harmful to our well-being.
- Taking an excessive dose of fluoride is bad for teeth and even bones, especially under 6 years of age.
We can, therefore, make 100% natural DIY toothpastes.
We already have many of the necessary ingredients at home and they are very cheap.
What do you need?
To make your own homemade toothpaste, you need the following products:
- 2 tablespoons of white clay;
- 1 level teaspoon of baking soda;
- 2 and a half tablespoons of coconut oil;
- 2 drops of mint essential oil;
- 1 drop of essential oil of cloves or other essence you prefer.
- 1 shallow glass jar;
- A wooden spatula or simply an ice cream stick.
How to make toothpaste?
After collecting all the necessary products, here is what to do:
- Mix the powdered ingredients in the jar (white clay and baking soda);
- Mix coconut oil and essential oils in a glass so that the aromas develop;
- Mix the oil mixture in the pot and mix well with the spatula or wooden stick.
You can keep this product for as long as you wish, just make sure you do not dip your toothbrush in it, but rather use a small, clean wooden stick when using it.
Also, keep it away from sources of heat and moisture and make sure you close the jar tightly after each use.
Teeth should be treated through good prevention the habit of cleaning them often, for example after meals.
Here are also other natural methods to aid oral hygiene:
The inner part of the orange peel contains substances useful for removing dental stains.
This white part of the orange peel is composed of vitamin C, fibre, pectin and limonene.
The orange peel is washed and peeled very well, then the white inner part of the orange peel is rubbed on each tooth and after 30 minutes, the teeth can be brushed as usual.
Do not exaggerate in the application of this remedy, apply it at most twice a week.
Aloe vera is a very effective and healthy solution for whitening teeth.
You should have some gel of this plant, which should be applied every day on your toothbrush.
Did you know that strawberries help to eliminate tartar?
You have to cut a strawberry in half and then rub it on your teeth for several minutes.
Strawberries have a similar action to baking soda, but with a lower danger index to dental enamel.
In addition, strawberries contain special fibres that help to eliminate bacteria that are dangerous to our body.
Likewise, remember that adding celery, carrots and apples to your diet can be a great help in keeping teeth clean, healthy and strong.
It is also important to always consider flossing.